Pre downloaded 4K Video on a 1080p monitor stuttering

• Hi, I tried to watch some 4K videos of nice scenery on Youtube just for fun and my bandwidth can't load them fast enough so I downloaded a few of them and they all have a hiccup (stutter?) about every 10 seconds.
    I'm trying to figure out why this is.

1. Even though my monitor is 1080p, isn't it just downscaling it to 1080p and playing it in 1080p anyways? so why the stutter? Is it because it has to re-render it down to 1080p and that takes a lot of processing? My ram and cpu usage isn't stressed or flooded at all while playing the video though.
      I've tried it on GOM Player and Media Player Classic and it happens either way.
    2. Will this stop when watching it on a 4K monitor?

In another forum post, someone was trying to stream 4K video on a 1080p monitor and he had a similar issue

"I have a 4690k, 970 and a 1080p monitor. I know that It will downscale to 1080p or w.e but when I switch it from 1080p to 2160p on youtube the video lags. If I were to get a 4k monitor or something would it still lag? I ask this because I have a friend who has a macbook pro 2015 edition and he is able to play 4k video on youtube without any fps drops. However I have a much more powerful system but lag when switching. Is the reason I am lagging is because my monitor is 1080p? And if it were a 4k monitor would it still lag?"

some replies

"What browser are you using? There's no way that should be happening."

"Lagging and buffering aren't the same thing anyways. If the connection is fast enough to allow for sufficient buffering and it's lagging, it's not related to the Internet connection."

anyways, it seems some ppl can watch or even stream 4K video on a 1080p monitor fine without lag or whatever it's called.

I can't really test this out any time soon, I have no idea when I'll be able to buy a 4K monitor. I have also read that they are not up to par with what they should be capable of yet so I am holding off for that reason as well.

here is the article

The Best 4K monitor doesn't exist yet

Thanks, any help will be appreciated.