why I can't get 3840x2160/60p

• why I can't get 3840x2160/60p

Hi
    please can you advice where could be the mistake

Ive got Ati Radeon 390 and 4k tv Samsung JU6600 connected with hdmi 2.0

maximum resolution is 3840x2160 at 30Hz and I can't get 60hz

• when I turn on at TV menu HDMI UHD Color on - tv ask for its restart and switch to 1920x1080/60p and not higher resolution is available
    • when 3840x2160 on, from radeon settings Pixel format can be only RGB 4:4:4 full or limited, not YCbCr works (not sure if it would make any difference)
    • when game mode off, picture seems smoother, when on its struggling with movement on the screen

thanks for any advice

I tried to call Samsung but obviously it was useless..

• Hello there balroque. This is a bit tricky to answer without a look at your settings in person and with greater detail but your fundamental problem might simply be the fact that the Radeon card you're using isn't particularly good at processing 4K video at high frame rates. 60Hz, if I remember correctly for that card, isn't something it can really deliver alone when it comes to 4K UHD graphics.

• @balroque said:

Ati Radeon 390

Your ATI Radeon R9 390 only has HDMI 1.4a output, this HDMI connection can’t carry a 4K signal at 60Hz, so you’ll have to use the DisplayPort 1.2 channel if you want a better video output. However, as the Samsung JU6600 doesn't have DisplayPort connectivity you'll be hard pressed to do so. HDMI 1.4a doesn't have the capability to carry a 4K signal as well as a few other audio channels such as HDMI 2.0 can. Unfortunately you'll have to change your Gfx card out to a model that has HDMI 2.0 output to take full effect of your 4K Samsung set.

There are some great recommendations on this site under the "Game" tab at the top of the website.