4K HDR blu-ray

• I remember reading a couple months back that 4K UHD HDR Blu-Ray players should hit the market around the end of the year. I haven't seen any yet or maybe I missed it. Even though they should be backwards compatible, this is new tech and I think it means new disc formats etc. So is this one of those times when you watch it play out and think about buying this time next year? Maybe get a Sony BDPS6500 now

• Hello TrinNY,

There are some great Blu-ray players which upscale existing Blu-ray content up to 4K-like crispness but in terms of an actualt 4K UHD Blu-ray player for natibe 4K Blu-ray discs. I'd recommend you wait until the discs themselves emerge near the beginning of 2016. That's when we'll definitely see (and thoroughly cover/review on this site) some new native 4K Blu-ray players which are sure to emerge.

• I just have a question, since the 4k blu ray players and 4k blu rays are soon to be available to consumers, how come there are no reviews or "FIRST LOOK" on the blu rays, I mean, has anyone actually seen how the picture quality is on screen, have they tested an actual 4k movie? Do they look much better than 1080p. I've seen 4k footage like at Best Buy and stuff, but never seen or heard about an actual 4k Movie like supposedly "THE MARTIAN" inserted in a 4k blu ray player and been reviewed. Has anyone seen anything on the internet? thx